1. In order to keep in a good condition your flowers,it is very important to bring them indoor as soon as they have arrived. Additionally, it is important to keep flower boxes in a cool room. Flowers need to be cut and placed in water as soon as possible. Once they are cut and placed in water the flowers may be stored at room temperature as long as they are kept away from heat or cold sources and far away from direct sunlight.
2. Before unpacking your flowers, we highly recommend to you to be in a work area that includes a table or counter top and a floor that could resist water. Using garden shears, durable scissors or pruners and several empty containers/buckets will be really useful.
3. It is very important to unpack the flowers bunch by bunch in a carefully way, without removing the wrappers always protecting the flower buds. Please it is important to remember that each bunch has several flowers and some type of flowers are packed in two layers within the bunch (Usually, rose bunches have around 13 stems in the upper layer and 12 stems in the lower layer).
4. Preparing buckets by filling them with room temperature water. If you wish you would add floral food to the water. The floral food has been created to increase the life of fresh flowers. Saving some floral food for the time when you change the water in a few days. If you cannot get floral food by your own. You could replace it with either a white soda or just plain sugar. One tea spoon of sugar for 25 to 50 stems is good enough. Just you need to be sure that you change the water every other day.
5. You could cut each stem one inch from the bottom or to length you prefer. Anyway, please you need to be sure to remove any leaves that could fall below the water line to prevent bacteria from forming. Wash and rinse the bottom part of the stems before placing them into the water.
6. Please you have to place flowers in your prepared water-filled containers. Ideally, the wrappers that protect the buds should be kept on meanwhile the flowers are being hydratated. Hydration of flowers occurs between four and ten hours. You need to keep in mind this information before you could remove the wrappers after hydration occurs.
7. It takes around 24- 36 hours for the true color of each flower to be developed. To ensure longer lasting flowers, you must continue keeping them out of direct sunlight and away from heat. Additionally, it is important to change the water and cut flower stems one inch every other day. Every time you change the water, you must add more floral food (or sugar) and please be sure that no leaves sit below the water level.
8. Please keep in mind that roses used to have 3 to 5 guard petals. Depending of the variety of rose. For instance, white roses may have green guard petals and red roses have dark red or black border petals. You need to remmeber that you can remove them only once the flowers start to bloom. Or if you are looking for a more natural garden look you may keep them.
9. It is important keeping the good care of the flowers giving them a "face-lift" every couple of days so far by gently removing any discolored or damaged petals and yellow leaves from your flowers.
10 .Enjoy your beautiful roses from our farms.